ABOUT ASCENT FITNESS
A UNIQUE, TASMANIAN WALKING COMPANY
Ascent Fitness is a personal training company in Launceston, Tasmania. We’re a bit different as we have a strong focus on walking fitness.
In urban, trail and mountain environments, you will find our footsteps, improving people’s fitness and enriching their exercise and life experience by walking in some of the World’s most stunning places.
There’s no place to walk like Tasmania!
WHY CHOOSE US?
- Ascent Fitness focuses on walking fitness.
- Our time-poor clients tell us that the opportunity to exercise with a minimum of preparation time is a real bonus.
- And, to have had their horizons broadened on what walking for fitness is about, it’s an improved skill they can take with them anywhere.
- On top of that, walking with Ascent Fitness means the opportunity to walk with like-minded people to places they would not have gone by themselves.
- And then there’s participating in distance walking events like the Point to Pinnacle or the Great Lonnie Stomp – great challenges and camaraderie for all who take them on!
MINIMUM PREPARATION TIME
AN IMPROVED SKILL FOR LIFE
MEET LIKE MINDED PEOPLE
GET TRAINED FOR WALKING EVENTS
MEET JOHN RALPH
Dr John Ralph heads up Ascent Fitness. He’s a qualified Personal Trainer and holds degrees in Sport Science, Biomedical Science (Honours) and a Ph.D. in Chemistry.
That’s an unlikely background to creating a niche personal training business but, as you will quickly pick up when you meet him, passion drives him. And walking fitness is one of his great passions.
John has worked with a wide range of clients, from school mountain camps, walking groups for people living with physical and intellectual disability, people returning from significant illness and injury and elite mature-aged athletes.
“With John's help I have gone from barely fit to hiking mountains. And it’s been fun the whole time!” - Tracey
"With the help of Ascent Fitness, I've been able to increase and maintain my fitness level and lose weight, all in a fun and supportive environment!" - Haydyn
"Out and about in the great outdoors, up and down hills and mountains...my fitness has improved out of sight!! Motivating and fun!" - Karen
"I wanted to increase my fitness, with a goal of being able to climb a mountain or two. Ascent Fitness has helped me do this with great support and fun along the way." - Natalie
"Ageing well, improving my fitness and shedding some kgs are important issues for me. With John's help, I'm on my way to achieving my goals. I love my new way of life getting out walking up hills and hiking up mountains. It's great being challenged." - Lesley
FOLLOW US ON INSTAGRAM