Who We Are
We are really passionate about the Outdoors – for fitness, for exploring the great outdoors and far away places, or your local environment.
Exercise in some great places – even some right near your front door – Is where we can take you. Then you can go back again and again!
Dr John Ralph heads up Ascent Fitness. He’s a qualified Personal Trainer and holds degrees in Sport Science, Biomedical Science (Honours) and a Ph.D. in Chemistry.
That’s an unlikely background to creating a niche personal training business but, as you will quickly pick up when you meet him, passion drives him. And walking fitness is one of his great passions.
John has worked with a wide range of clients, from school mountain camps, walking groups for people living with physical and intellectual disability, people returning from significant illness and injury and elite mature-aged athletes.
About our walking programs
About Ascent Fitness
A UNIQUE, TASMANIAN WALKING COMPANY
Ascent Fitness is a personal training company in Launceston, Tasmania. We’re a bit different as we have a strong focus on walking fitness.
In urban, trail and mountain environments, you will find our footsteps, improving people’s fitness and enriching their exercise and life experience by walking in some of the World’s most stunning places.
There’s no place to walk like Tasmania!
Our big buzz comes from helping people get fitter and enjoy life. And we like helping great causes along the way. With some of our day walks and other activities, we partner with charitable organisations doing great work in our community. It’s all a part of giving back or paying it forward.
WHY CHOOSE US?
- Ascent Fitness focuses on walking fitness.
- Our time-poor clients tell us that the opportunity to exercise with a minimum of preparation time is a real bonus.
- And, to have had their horizons broadened on what walking for fitness is about, it’s an improved skill they can take with them anywhere.
- On top of that, walking with Ascent Fitness means the opportunity to walk with like-minded people to places they would not have gone by themselves.
- And then there’s participating in distance walking events like the Point to Pinnacle or the Great Lonnie Stomp – great challenges and camaraderie for all who take them on!
+61 409 412 590